September 9-11, 2022
Join us at Camp Benjamin Hawkins for a weekend full of fun and competition! Patrols will be sent on a "race around the globe" as they put their navigation skills to the test!
$25 per scout
$5 per adult
(Optional $5 lunch ticket for Saturday)
**After September 2nd, lunch tickets will not be available and there will be a $5 late fee added to registration costs**
Skills You Should Review/Practice with your Scouts before attending the Camporee
- Orienteering – Scouts will need to be able to set a compass to a bearing and then follow that bearing using pacing to measure distance.
- Knot Tying - Scout will need to be able to tie a square knot, two half hitches, taut-line hitch, clove hitch, and bowline.
- Lashing – Scouts will need to be able to lash a sheer, square, diagonal, and round lashing.
- Estimating Height – Scouts will need to be able to estimate the height of a tree, flagpole, etc.
- Fire Building – Basic fire building skills. Scouts will need to have the ability to liberate dry wood from wet.
- Tree Identification – Scouts should be able to identify local trees.
- First Aid – Tenderfoot, 2nd Class, and 1st Class first aid skills.
- Other events will include problem solving requiring the entire patrol to be successful
Please read through the Leaders Guide for additional information!
Fall Camporee 2023 September 08, 2023 to September 10