Activities and Training Refund Policy
The Central Georgia Council will process refunds for fees paid for activities and training under the following conditions:
- Requests must be made in writing to the Council Service Center via mail, fax, or email. All emails must be sent to Holly Abney at email@example.com
- All refund requests must be received by the event date. Requests received after this time will not be processed.
- Requests for refund made:
- Two weeks or more before event = 50% Refund
- One week prior to event = 20% Refund
- Same day as or after the event date = No refund
- Reasons for requesting a refund:
- Serious illness or injury preventing attendance
- Death in family preventing attendance
- The event or activity is cancelled or rescheduled
- Family Emergency
- Refunds for fees of $10 or less will not be issued.
- Refunds are not given for no shows
- Refunds are not given for bad weather that does not warrant event cancellation.
If an outdoor event or activity must be rescheduled due to weather, the inability to attend on the weather make-up date is not justification for a full refund. At the participant’s choice they may either attend the make-up event/activity, transfer registration fees to another similar event or receive a refund less any costs incurred.
Weather Related Event Cancellations
- No event will be cancelled due to temperature considerations alone. However, the Council will make provisions for the health & safety of participants in the event of extreme cold or heat.
- No event will be canceled due to thunderstorms or the threat of thunderstorms. Thunderstorms are usually short in duration. Portions of events or activities may need to be postponed, rescheduled, or canceled during an actual thunderstorm or severe weather event, but seldom will an entire event be canceled due to severe weather.
- No camping related Boy Scouting or Venturing event or activity will be canceled due to the rain or the threat of rain. Participants need to come prepared for the possible weather conditions.
For Council High Adventure Contingents, National Jamborees, and other similar events, refunds will be given if a paid participant has replaced the Scout that has cancelled. The refund will be less any costs incurred by these changes (airfare, activity fees, transportation)
Refunds for Order of the Arrow events are subject to all of the above and will be issued only with the approval of the Lodge Advisor and Staff Advisor.
Refunds for Training events will be issued if the training is cancelled due to minimum attendance requirements.